Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Teacher, Prepare Self

The Mindful Montessori blog has come to fruition as a goal for my Montessori classroom in 2011-2012 school year. Every year, the Head of School will give all staff members a Professional Development and Goal Setting form that will has several questions. The final question is "What are your two goals for next year?" In the years past, I remember having....finish my Montessori training.....a clean and organized closet...consistent daily record keeping....and now nurturing the spirit. Over time, this has been an area of my montessori environment I have not given as much attention to as I  would like. As time has gone by I began to observe playing the "Silence Game" and Grace and Courtesy lessons are not a Montessorian's only option to establish mindfulness. So where do I begin?...with myself.
This is my summer plan to begin my practice.
  • Reading...Nurturing the Spirit, In Non-Sectarian Classrooms ...and any books that I come across I will share.
  • Workbook...Shining Through, A Teacher's Handbook on Transformation
  • Yoga classes,  2-3 times a week
  • Daily Meditation
  • Journal writing 
Mindful Montessori will include topics of The Teacher's Preparation, The Environment and Mindfulness Practices. I am looking forward to a Mindfulness year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. All thoughts are welcome. Please feel free to link and share this blog with anyone it may interest in our Montessori journey.

All the best,
Ann