Monteasori Herbal Facial
Material: A large pot with lid, water, dried or fresh herbs or essential oils and 2 large towels.
Preparation: Clean your face thoroughly and tie your hair back if needed.
1. Boil a kettle or pot full of water then add the herbs and fruity ingredients (about 1/3 cup fresh or dried herbs and fruit slices per 4 cups of water). Boil for a minute or two then remove from heat. Cover and let steep for about 5 minutes.
2. Place pot on counter or table on top of a towel and remove lid. Cover your head with a another large clean towel and position your face over the steaming water (with the towel acting as a tent over the bowl to capture the steam).
3. Keep your eyes closed and your face at least 10 to 12 inches from the boiling water during the facial. Enjoy the fragrant steam and relax, but don’t overdo it–keep the facial time between 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Once the facial is over, splash face with slightly cool water and pat dry.
Points of Interest:
- Nurturing your Spirit
- Taking time for yourself
- Need I say more?
Control of Error: Yourself
- Furthering use of herbs
- Observing which combinations you like.
Ages: 20 and something years.
- Spearmint, Lemon Balm, Lemon or Orange Slices
- Chamomile, Rosemary, Peppermint
- Green Tea, Rose Petals, Chamomile
- Rosemary, Lemon, Honey
- Lemon Slices, Peppermint
- Lemon balm, Lavender
- Chamomile, Fennel Seeds, Rose Petals
- Thyme, Peppermint, Lavender
- Parsley, Lavender, Lemon balm
- Sage, Lavender, Rosemary, Thyme
- Cinnamon, Orange Slices
- Peppermint, Cloves, Rosemary