Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Please Excuse My Appearance

Today I came back from a three day trip with my daughter to a cabin on a lake. We had a wonderful time where we enjoyed the simplicities of summer...swimming, canoeing, fishing and the warm summer sun. As we pulled in the driveway, I checked the mailbox... I have a new book called: How To Train a Wild Elephant & Other Adventures in Mindfulness, by Jan Chozen Bayes, MD.

A vacation after a vacation is always advised; I found a comfortable place hoping this new book will entertain me. It did. Included in this book are simply daily mindfulness practices. My first exercise: Use your nondominant hand. I will be using my nondominant hand to do my ordinary daily tasks such as brushing my hair, brushing my teeth and eating my meals. I would tell you more, but the book advises me to stop reading and read later this week. Try it! I think this might be fun.

How is my typing by the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. All thoughts are welcome. Please feel free to link and share this blog with anyone it may interest in our Montessori journey.

All the best,
Ann